- This page contains information about college-sponsored events leading up to our 50th Reunion. Details will be updated as available, and can be found by clicking on bold underlines.
- We also have materials about other classmate gatherings.
The Big Event: 50th Reunion— June 9 – 13, 2021
Our 2020 Mini-Reunion, scheduled for October 2 – 4, was cancelled,as part of the College’s plan for reopening for the fall semester required closing the campus to all visitors, including alumni. However, we had a number of virtual events before and after the Mini:
- May: Wally Schlech, Mike Rade, and Bob Eyre: Covid-19 Now and in the Future
- June: Colin Brown, John Finnerty, and Jack Sands: Covid-19’s Effect on the Economy
- July: Peter Clarke, Roger Kaufman, and Kent Rude, along with Williams President Maud S. Mandel: Covid-19’s Impact on Education
- September: Michael Douglass, Russ Pulliam, and Pat Stone: Careers in Print and Radio Media When You Do Not Work For the NYT or Fox News
- October: Gordie Clapp, Bob Eyre, Denman Maroney, Bruce MacNelly: Our ’71 Performers and Their Back Stories
- November: Class of 1971 Scholars
Our Williams in Oxford trip was cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns. The 50th Reunion Office will be talking with class leaders about alternative activities when feasible.
Mini-Reunion, September 13 – 15, 2019: Presidential Forum: ’71 with 18th President Maud S. Mandel
Thursday, September 12, 2019, 7:00 – 8:30 PM, ’62 Center for Theater & Dance — Discussion of “Digital Technology, Social Media, and Today’s Political Climate” sponsored by the Class of 1971 Public Affairs Forum, the Cohan Family Forum, and the Lecture Committee.
College in One Day, Wellesley, MA, May 11, 2019